Are you a Staff Accountant seeking a new opportunity and an improved quality of life? Would like to do meaningful work for a fast growing firm in Virginia? Based in beautiful historic Abingdon, Virginia, Hicok, Fern & Company is experiencing tremendous growth.
Trusted by area businesses for over three decades, our six hands-on partners and team of experienced staff provide personal support with accounting, tax preparation, audit, consulting, and monthly business services.
Our clients extend beyond Virginia, into Tennessee, North Carolina, and the surrounding Southeast because of our reputation for excellence in the areas of assurance, tax, bookkeeping and business, government, and nonprofit consulting.
Top reasons to work with us in historic, scenic, artistic, beautiful Abingdon:
- Fast growing firm
- Six supportive partners
- Location, location, location! Abingdon provides a small town feel with access to hiking, arts, regional airport, and large cities such as Knoxville and Asheville as well as excellent schools, moderate cost of living, and access to several colleges and universities: Asheville, NC – 2 hours, Charleston, WV – 3 hours, Knoxville, TN – 2 hours, Nashville, TN – 4.5 hours, Richmond, VA – 4.5 hours, Roanoke, VA – 2 hours, Winston-Salem, NC – 2.5 hours
- Paid outside training
- Meaningful work: Hicok, Fern, & Co. maintains long term partnerships with many of the regional non-profits, governments agencies, and busiesses that are making a difference and an economic impact in the region.
- Competitive salary benefits
- 15 days PTO annually
- Employer paid medical
- Flex schedule from April to September
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Minimum of 1-3 years of public accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is Required
- Eligible to sit for the CPA exam or a CPA
Applications must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Hicok, Fern & Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.