Are you a Senior Manager Accountant seeking a new opportunity and an improved quality of life? Would you like to do meaningful work for a growing firm in Virginia?
Located in beautiful historic Abingdon, Virginia, HBC CPAs is experiencing tremendous growth.
Trusted by area of businesses for over three decades, our six hands-on partners and team of experienced staff provide personal support with accounting, tax preparation, audit, consulting, and monthly business services.
Our clients extend beyond Virginia into Tennessee, North Carolina, and the surrounding Southeast because of our reputation for excellence in the areas of assurance, tax, bookkeeping and business, government and nonprofit consulting.
Top Reasons to come work with us in historic, scenic, artistic, beautiful Abingdon:
- Fast growing firm
- Six supportive partners
- Opportunity for advancement
- Partner track possibilities
- Location, location, location! Abingdon provides a small town feel with access to hiking, arts, regional airport, and large cities such as Knoxville and Asheville as well as excellent schools, moderate cost of living, and access to several colleges and universities.
- Asheville, NC – 2 hours
- Charleston, WV – 3 hours
- Knoxville, TN – 2 hours
- Nashville, TN – 4.5 hours
- Richmond, VA – 4.5 hours
- Roanoke, VA – 2 hours
- Winston-Salem, NC – 2.5 hours
- Work/Life balance (average 55 hours/week during busy seasons)
- At least 40 hours of continuing education annually
- Meaningful work: HBC CPAs maintains long term partnerships with many of the regional non-profits, government agencies, and businesses that are making a difference and a significant economic impact in the region.
- Competitive salary
- Range: $55,000-$70,000
- Relocation stipend
- Competitive benefits
- 15 days PTO annually
- Flexible schedule from April to September
- Employer paid Medical
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan with Employer match
- Minimum of 3-7 years of experience in public accounting
- Experience preparing complex federal corporate (C and S), multi-state, individual, and partnership returns.
- Exhibit a basic understand of estate and trust taxation.
- Experience in the review of tax provision.
- Strong understanding of IRS practice and procedure.
- Ability to manage and coordinate a tax audit. Primary contact for IRS audit or other tax authorities.
- Ability to understand, apply, and be able to help staff understand and apply policies from tax quality control documents.
- Proficiency with personal computers including spreadsheet software programs. Experience with Ultratax, RIA, Quickbooks, and/or Engagement is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. Masters preferred.
- CPA certified and active license required.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
HBC CPAs is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Cynthia at CRT@firmcpa.com.