Are you a Senior Staff Accountant seeking a new opportunity and an improved quality of life? Would you like to do meaningful work for a fast-growing firm in Virginia? Based in beautiful historic Abingdon, Virginia, HBC CPAs is experiencing tremendous growth.
Trusted by area businesses for over three decades, our six hands-on partners and team of experienced staff provide personal support with accounting, tax preparation, audit, consulting, and monthly business services.
Our clients extend beyond Virginia, into Tennessee, North Carolina, and the surrounding Southeast because of our reputation for excellence in the areas of assurance, tax, bookkeeping and business, government, and nonprofit consulting.
Top reasons to work with us in historic, scenic, artistic, beautiful Abingdon:
- Fast growing firm
- Six supportive partners
- Location, location, location! Abingdon provides a small town feel with access to hiking, arts, regional airport, and large cities such as Knoxville and Asheville as well as excellent schools, moderate cost of living, and access to several colleges and universities.
- Asheville, NC – 2 hours
- Charleston, WV – 3 hours
- Knoxville, TN – 2 hours
- Nashville, TN – 4.5 hours
- Richmond, VA – 4.5 hours
- Roanoke, VA – 2 hours
- Winston-Salem, NC – 2.5 hours
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunity for advancement
- 15 days PTO annually
- 10 paid Holidays annually
- Employer paid medical, life insurance and disabilities policies
- Available dental, vision, and additional supplemental policies
- Flex Schedule including 36-hour weeks and ½ Day Fridays during less-busy seasons
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Firm provided lunches on Friday’s during January – April 15
- Firm paid continuing education and memberships
- Relocation stipend
- Minimum of 3 -7 years of progressive experience in public accounting
- Strong understanding of IRS practice and procedure
- Audit work experience under the Yellow Book and the Uniform Guidance
- Bachelor’s degree Accounting
- CPA certified and active license required
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- Audit and consulting of corporate/government/nonprofit entities
- Preparation of complex federal corporate (C and S), multistate, individual and partnership tax returns
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
HBC CPAs is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Cynthia at CRT@firmcpa.com.