Are you a Client Services Accountant seeking a new opportunity and an improved quality of life? Would you like to do meaningful work for a fast growing firm in Virginia? Based in beautiful historic Abingdon, Virginia, HBC CPAs is experiencing tremendous growth.
Trusted by area businesses for over three decades, our six hands-on partners and team of experienced staff provide personal support with accounting, tax preparation, audit, consulting, and monthly business services.
Our clients extend beyond Virginia, into Tennessee, North Carolina, and the surrounding Southeast because of our reputation for excellence in the areas of assurance, tax, bookkeeping and business, government, and nonprofit consulting.
Top reasons to work with us in historic, scenic, artistic, beautiful Abingdon:
- Fast growing firm
- Six supportive partners
- Location, location, location! Abingdon provides a small town feels with access to hiking, arts, regional airport, and large cities such as Knoxville and Asheville as well as excellent schools, moderate cost of living, and access to several colleges and universities.
- Asheville, NC – 2 hours
- Charleston, WV – 3 hours
- Knoxville, TN – 2 hours
- Nashville, TN – 4.5 hours
- Richmond, VA – 4.5 hours
- Roanoke, VA – 2 hours
- Winston-Salem, NC – 2.5 hours
- Paid outside training
- Meaningful work: HBC CPAs maintains long term partnerships with many of the regional non-profits, governments agencies, and businesses that are making a difference and an economic impact in the region.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Range: $12-$17 depending on experience
- 15 days PTO annually
- Employer paid medical
- Flex Schedule from April to September
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Minimum of 2 years experience in bookkeeping function
- Proficiency with personal computers including spreadsheet software programs is a plus.
- Experience with Quickbooks is a must
- Associate degree in accounting is a plus
Provide full range of bookkeeping and accounting services for multiple clients simultaneously including, but not limited to, the following:
- All aspects of payroll including payroll tax reports, W-2s and 1099s
- Processing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Credit card reconciliations
- Sales tax reporting
- IRS filings
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
HBC CPAs is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Cynthia at CRT@firmcpa.com.