Are you an Audit Manager seeking a new opportunity and an improved quality of life? Would you like to do meaningful work for a fast growing firm in Virginia? Based in beautiful historic Abingdon, Virginia, HBC CPAs is experiencing tremendous growth.
Trusted by area businesses for over three decades, our five hands-on partners and team of experienced staff provide personal support with accounting, tax preparation, audit, consulting, and monthly business services.
Our clients extend beyond Virginia, into Tennessee and North Carolina, because of our reputation for excellence in the areas of assurance, tax, bookkeeping and business, government, and nonprofit consulting.
Top reasons to work with us in historic, scenic, artistic, beautiful Abingdon:
- Fast growing firm
- Five supportive partners
- Location, location, location! Abingdon provides a small town feel with access to hiking, arts, regional airport, and large cities such as Knoxville and Asheville as well as excellent schools, moderate cost of living, and access to several colleges and universities.
- Asheville, NC – 2 hours
- Charleston, WV – 3 hours
- Knoxville, TN – 2 hours
- Nashville, TN – 4.5 hours
- Richmond, VA – 4.5 hours
- Roanoke, VA – 2 hours
- Winston-Salem, NC – 2.5 hours
- Paid outside training
- Meaningful work: HBC CPAs maintains long term partnerships with many of the regional non-profits, governments agencies, and businesses that are making a difference and an economic impact in the region.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 15 days PTO annually
- Employer paid medical
- Flex Schedule from April to September
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Responsible for planning, supervising and completing multiple assurance engagements, including preparing and reviewing planning, work papers and deliverables
- Serve as the lead team member for providing exceptional deliverables and service to our clients
- Manage engagement budgets, WIP, client billing and collections
- Maintain highest technical and professional standards proficiency with an emphasis on compliance requirements under Yellow Book and Uniform Guidance
- Assist partners with preparation and delivery of audit presentations
- Think strategically about client needs by understanding their business and provide recommendations for providing value-added services
- Mentor, train and develop assurance staff and provide performance feedback
- Takes a leadership role in professional, business or community organizations
- Assist with annual internal inspection to ensure ongoing quality control
- Minimum 5 years experience in audit work
- Governmental entities and non-profit audit experience requires audits performed under the Yellow Book and the Uniform Guidance
- Limited tax return preparation
- Company-paid health insurance with a company match of 50% of any additional coverage (spouse, family, etc)
- 15 days of PTO
- Flex-work schedule from April through September
- Work-from-home opportunities
- Cafeteria plan
- Simple IRA with a company 3% match
- Company-paid life insurance
- At least 50 hours of CPE each year
- Standard holiday
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
HBC CPAs is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Cynthia at CRT@firmcpa.com.